Did you know that smoking was second highest cause of fire deaths after electrical fires? Careless smoking and disposal of cigarettes can cost you your life so make sure to be mindful if you smoke. The following are some tips to follow to stay safe.
- For adults, don’t smoke while lying down, especially if you are drowsy, have been taking medication, or have been drinking alcohol.
- Don’t discard of cigarette butts before completely dousing them with water.
- Don’t leave lit cigarettes unattended.
- Don’t keep lit cigarettes near combustibles.
- Don’t keep matches, lighters and other smoking materials within the reach of children.