Combustible materials such as blankets, curtains and newspapers can easily catch on fire. Be sure to keep these types of materials at least three feet away from space heaters.
- Turn off space heaters when you leave the room, house, or go to bed.
- Do not leave space heaters unattended.
- Only use equipment that has the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) mark which shows that the product has been safety tested.
- Turn off the space heater if the cord becomes hot.
- Plug space heaters directly into the socket instead of into an extension cord.
- Place the heater on the floor and never on a counter top or on furniture.